How to Wash Reusable Protective Masks
CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies). WaistShaperCo's reusable masks follow all of CDC’s guidelines for protective cloth coverings with a 6 layer layered activated carbon PM2.5 filter, a built-in nose clip for a snug protective fit and adjustable ear loops.
Here’s how to keep your reusable WaistShaperCo's masks clean:
- Masks should be washed after each use
- Remove filter before washing and toss your mask into your washing machine after each use
- Use warm water to kill germs, remove bacteria and viruses
- Regular laundry detergent works fine
- Machine dry in gentle cycles or air-dry so the loops do not get damaged
- If you don’t have access to a washing machine, then hand-wash your mask the same way you would wash delicates.
- First wet the mask and rub with soap until you see the soap lather
- Then soak the mask in hot water and soap for 30 minutes to ensure you’ve killed all the germs
- Then rinse, and machine dry or air dry on a sanitized surface